Management Accountant Job Description
To analyse and report on key financial data within the organisation ensuring that managers receive timely, accurate and relevant information.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To produce timely and reliable management information reports on a monthly basis.
- To develop and control a centralised accounting system to ensure that accounts are effectively managed.
- To investigate variances against budgets and provide analysis of differences.
- To perform month end for Accounts Payable, VAT, Fixed Assets and general ledger in the finance system.
- Assist in the preparation of annual budgets and cashflow forecasts.
- To prepare the quarterly VAT return.
- Hold monthly meetings with management to discuss the budgetary position and agree action plans where required.
Skills / Attributes Required
- Fully qualified or pased finalist of one of the professional accountancy bodies - CIMA preferred.
- Demonstrable experience of working in management accounting or financial management.
- Good knowledge of budgeting and forecasting issues and techniques.
- Strong knowledge of SAGE Accounting Systems (or similar).
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
£35,000 to £40,000 plus Pension and 25 days holiday