Finance Director Job Description
To direct and oversee all of the financial activities, to include the preparation of current financial reports and forecasts for future business growth.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports the Board in the preparation of budgets and financial reports, including income statements, balance sheets, tax returns and reports for Government regulatory agencies.
- Contributes to the achievement of the company objectives by providing advice and guidance on financial strategy.
- Oversees all accounting procedures and systems used by the Company.
- Meet with the Board of Directors regularly to keep them informed and to offer direction.
- Review reports and analyse projections of sales and income against actual figures and suggests methods of improving the planning process.
- In conjunction with the Board, assess the long term financial trends and review prospects for future growth of income and new product areas.
- To ensure the Company meets its financial and legal responsibilities.
Skills / Attributes Required
- Qualification as a Chartered Accountant.
- Significant managerial experience.
- Experience of working at FD level, ideally for medium sized enterprises (50 - 200 staff).
- Senior level experience of managing financial operations (private sector experience helpful.)
- Senior level experience of corporate governance.
- Legal experience especially trade mark law and contract law would be helpful.
£75,000 to £90,000 plus Pension and 25 days holiday