Accounts Assistant Job Description
To be part of the team responsible for maintaining an efficient and accurate Accounting function.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To receive and process all invoices, expense forms and requests for payment.
- Verify calculations and input codes in to the Accounts system in an accurate manner.
- To maintain and reconcile the Direct Debit mandates.
- To deal with daily transactions for the petty cash and ensure that reconcilliations are completed on a weekly basis.
- To ensure all filing is done in a timely and accurate manner.
- Prepare cheques for payment.
- To ensure that all post is sent daily..
Skills / Attributes Required
- Previous experience in an Accounts office.
- Strong Microsoft and Excel skills
- Ideally be studying for the AAT (Association of Accounting Technician or equivalent)
- Good organisation and administrative skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
£14,000 to £17,000 plus Pension and 25 days holiday